Quitday.org awards $3,000 in scholarships each year to students who share their vision for a smoke-free world.
Smoking has killed more people than every American war combined, and more than 10 times over. Many victims of tobacco addiction feel as though they are fighting a war themselves.
With the QuitDay.org Scholarship, we want to challenge current and prospective college students to share their story on how we can make the world smoke-free.
Scholarship Details and Awards
Every year, we select three winners in the essay contest. The winners will receive awards toward their tuition at their respective colleges and universities. The winning applicants for first, second and third place receive scholarships in the amounts of $2,000, $700 and $300, respectively. The scholarship awards may only be used to pay for college tuition and/or education-related expenses. There are no costs associated with submitting an application for this scholarship.
QuitDay.org is currently accepting scholarship applications.
The application deadline is December 9, 2016, at 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
Eligibility and Details
The QuitDay Scholarship essay contest is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are 18 years old or older. Applicants must be accepted to, or currently enrolled in a college or university located within the United States or in the District of Columbia. Only one (1) submission per student is allowed.
Applicants must submit a typed essay (1,000–1,500 words) answering the following questions:
- Why do you see smoking as a problem for individuals and society?
- What is the best way for society to overcome the issue of smoking, and why?
- What would a smoke-free world look like, and how would it differ from the world today?
- What message do you have for current smokers?
The essay must include the word count and be signed with a full name (both first and last name), along with the applicant’s email address, phone number and permanent address.
The winning applicants will be determined based on the essay content, style and originality. Judges are looking for logically organized and well-supported essays.
How to Apply
- Read the Rules and Regulations.
- Download, print and fill in a Scholarship Contest Application Form.
- Email your essay as well as a scanned copy of your completed application form to [email protected].
- The top three finalists, as selected by the judges, will be notified via email.
- Winners will be announced to the public at QuitDay.org/scholarship as well as at facebook.com/quitday.org.